.

.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

South Sound Modern Quilt Guild

So, a Modern Quilt Guild started here in the Olympia area -- hooray!!  I am so excited to be a part of it!  We've been a guild for a few months now, and we got to start off with a charity quilt for tornado victims.  It was super fun -- the quilting, not the tornado...My friend, Tracie, and I put the top together so another guild member could quilt it.
Here are some pics of the fun!   More soon!
This is one of the blocks I made...

Here's another.  This is a Vanishing 9-Patch that I totally
figured the math wrong on, so I had to add a little green border
edge to make it 12.5"UF.  Oh, how embarrassing!!

And another block.  I was on a role...
We chose the colors of green, blue and gray
with with for our quilt blocks.

Right before this charity quilt assignment, I had just
purchased the book "Color, Block & Quilt" by the amazing
Emily Cier of Carolina Patchworks.
I LOVE the book, and LOVE this block,
so this was a perfect opportunity to try something!

Here is the finished block layout!  Pretty good
for two tired ladies who'd worked all day sewing
in a time crunch.  We only got ONE block
in sideways!  Woohoo!  This layout is adapted from
on in "Color, Block & Quilt" -- see?  I am hooked
on that book!!


No comments:

Post a Comment