.

.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Blogging is hard...

This blogging thing is hard.  If you notice, I haven't posted in a while.  Like years...Who knew it would be as big as it is in the quilting & crafting world.  So, I'm trying it again -- hopefully I can keep up with it this time! :)  First I have to fight the cat for the chair at the computer...

Here are some things I've been working on:


I finished the 102" x 108" quilt for my King sized bed.  It's made with leftover fabric pieces from my husband & my wedding in 2007.



You know you've been quilting a lot when you have this many empty spools!!









I made a quilt using the Jelly Roll I bought in Maui the last time we were there.  I'm in the process of quilting it now...more pics to come.
This quilt idea came from a picture on Pinterest
that didn't connect to anything.  I searched and searched, but I came up with nothing.  So, I sat down with my graph paper and figured out something similar.  I'm pleased with the results!






I made a quilt for my brother, who used to own a VW Van.  The van block was a free tutorial from Tula Pink.  The pattern was this one I've had forever called Hole in the Wall from Humble Bee Quiltworks.
It's such an old pattern that the website link on the back is no longer up.  Let's just say that it's a pattern I bought because of the potential and NOT because of the picture on the front...
I made a quilt for my sister-in-law, too, but I can't find that picture...





And then I made some baby quilts for my stock pile. This one is La France from Villa Rosa Designs.  I'm addicted to these little patterns!  They're on a postcard, and are inexpensive, but always darling!!  This one uses a pink version of a 2003 Alexander Henry fabric that I somehow ended up with lots of.  



This is the La France pattern again, and a green version of the same 2003 Pixie fabric.   How did I end up with so much??  Seriously, it's like 5 yards of each!  There's an overlay of glitter on it too.  My mom swears I bought it -- she was with me when I did, apparently -- but I think I've had a stroke or other head injury since then, which is keeping me from remembering...




So that's a little taste.  I'm trying to find a way to marry my 20+ year fabric stash with the modern quilts I want to make.  I think I'm getting there...I'm definitely keeping myself busy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Heidi, It's good to see you blogging! Your quilts are beautiful! I think I subscribed to this blog a couple of years ago, and here there is a new post on my feed reader :) xoO

    ReplyDelete