.

.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Button, Button.



So, I have this sweater that is a really pretty color blue. But it came with a waist tie, which I do not like -- the sweater still moves all over the place under the waist tie, and it's annoying! So, a few wears ago, I put a button on a safety pin through the shank, like the sweater had a button. See?

And this works, but it's rather understated. "I wonder if I could make something better..." I said to myself. I've been making these great bags that in cooperation with my friend Martie Carroll, and they have three buttons stacked on top of each other. (I'll have to take some pictures of those, too...) These stacked buttons are so
interesting, and I thought there had to be a way to make one of these to wear on clothing. You know, like on the front of this sweater with the stupid tie. So today, this is what I came up with! I found this large brown asymmetrical button at Ruby Street Quiltworks, and
I stacked another brown button on top, and a purple button on top of that!



I'm pretty pleased with the result, and even though I just wore that blue sweater the other day, I just might wear it tomorrow again to try it out! I'll see if anyone notices...don't you love it when you wear something you've made, and people notice? I sure do! It's totally fun and makes it all worth it...

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment