.

.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Apple Cup




Washington State is in a hubbub about Saturday's Apple Cup game!! University of Washington and Washington State University will battle it out on Saturday for Washington's football title.



I have no particular affiliation (I went to Central Washington University, Seattle University, and of course, the greatest school EVER, Green River Community College, which I liked so much I went to work there after college), but my husband's friend, Erik, is a WSU alum. We went to dinner with Erik and Tracy the other night, and their house was decorated head-to-toe in crimson and gray -- a wall clock, WSU glasses and mugs, garland around the banister, even Cougar towels in the bathroom. He said, "About the only thing I don't have is a U-Dub voodoo doll."


Cue Barney Stinson: Challenge accepted!



I suppose I should be nicer to the University of Washington, because my brother went there (I think he wanted to live in Seattle more than a strong feeling about football and/or UW), but let's face it -- with the University of Washington playing OK this season and a bowl game on the line, Wazzu might need all the help in this game they can get...



My apologizes to my Husky friends...I have some maroon-colored polar fleece, so maybe I can whip up an opposite doll for you...send me a message or comment on this post, and I'll see what I can do before the game on Saturday!





(Jeff and Gracie liked the voodoo doll. They were just too cute tonight as I photographed the doll, so I snapped a picture of them, too!)



Go football! I'm sure someone will win on Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment