.

.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Quilt Classes!!



I am going to be a quilt class teacher. I'm very excited!! I've done it before, but it's always nerve-wracking.

There's so much to do before a class can even be advertised! I've started to work on the samples for the classes, and it's been quite involved. First I made a mess to see what scraps of fabric I had (and what I was willing to use up :) ),

and then I cut strips and organized them into color piles: lights, mediums, yellows & reds, and darks.


Then, I sewed the strips together, and cut them AGAIN.


After that, I sewed the cut pieces together, which started to create my blocks.


I really don’t know why I thought 1” squares was a good idea, but it’s going to be awesome when I get it done. I’m still working, as you can see. It takes a good bit of time to pin all those cross-cuts together.






It did create quite a bit of tiny pieces that I was able to part with, so I think that this is good. After all this work, instead of having two bins of scraps crammed full, I have two slightly more organized bins of scraps that have room in them. You know, for more fabric…

Hopefully people will want to sign up for this class. It will be called the Ultimate Scrap Quilt (because don’t you think it is?) and it will be at Ruby Street Quiltworks, in Tumwater, Washington. It will be super fun! I can’t wait!!

2 comments:

  1. Heidi! That is awesome!!! Please Facebook me and let me know all the details, E loves to sew and quilt, Do you think it will be after Christmas? (I'm thinking a quilt class would be an awesome Christmas present!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, it would be nice to take your class! have fun with that quilt~

    ReplyDelete