.

.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Bargello

A few years ago (like maybe 15...yeesh!) I took a Bargello quilting class, because MAN!  They are pretty!!  I made one chunk, and decided I was done, because ICK, tiny pieces and lots and lots and lots of pins to keep those little bitty corners lined up.  I put it in my unfinished project bin.




But the colors I picked were so pretty, and I couldn't let it sit there unfinished.  How could I make it more "now-me"?  I found some dusty purple, and put asymmetrical borders around the Bargello Chunk.  Then I found some shot cotton in my stash, and added that.  THEN, I found a solid teal-green that was sort of in the same color family, and I added that as an asymmetrical border.  I flopped the top onto my queen size bed to see how it would fit, and I decided it needed another border.  So, light teal went all the way around.





Today I started quilting it, and it didn't go smoothly, but tomorrow I'll finish it.  I'm very happy with the quilting that I did today!







But where did that dog hair come from??  This is why I can't have nice things...

No comments:

Post a Comment