.

.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Quilting TIP!

A while ago, I took a machine quilting class from my friend, Margie Horton, and she recommended this GREAT TIP!!  Before you quilt a project, use car wax on your sewing machine and extension table.
Use the sponge that comes with the car wax to apply it to your surface.  Let it get dry.

Use a scrap piece of batting or a cut-up old t-shirt to buff the car wax off.
It's cheap for a huge container of car wax, and it creates a super slippery surface for both walking foot and free motion quilting.  The quilt just slides right over and doesn't seem to get as hung up on things.  Some people I've recommended this to are concerned about the car wax damaging their quilts.  But, in my experience, if you buff the wax off REALLY REALLY GOOD, there's no product left -- only the slipperiness.  (Is that a word?  I hope so...)

Happy Quilting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment