.

.

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Curse of the Pile of Projects


I was cleaning up my creative space, and found a bunch of unfinished projects. Then, I worked in the garage, and found another box of unfinished projects. THEN, I went to lunch with my mom and SHE had found some of my unfinished projects in a box at her house. I think 12 or 13 years of working in a quilt shop has caught up with me, and I am extremely embarrassed by my unfocused tendencies. :)

To try to get my unfinished-ness in order, I made a list of all of them. The piece of paper started to not be big enough, so I began to write the projects down in smaller writing. I really don't think writing them smaller made it any better, though. 31 unfinished quilts and bags and other things on one page! And that was just getting started...I have a slew of fabrics in ziploc bags with other coordinated fabrics, and some even have patterns selected, some are cut out, some are just ideas -- I did not count these! AND THEN, I found more pieces of fabric, and added them to the bookshelf which houses all the fabric I have collected over the years...I tried to think of a word to describe the scene I was witnessing. I was torn between "chaos" (even though the room is now supremely organized), and "decadent". Clearly having this much invested in a hobby is pure decadency.

Today my goal is to put bindings (or at least the machine-sewn half of the bindings) on two small projects, and quilt two other small projects. I'm not sure I can get this all done today, but it is a start on this embarrassingly pile of projects.

2 comments:

  1. Its a good thing you a friend visiting this weekend to sew!! We have got work to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you've totally inspired me! I too have the same problem, many projects that are not finished... And it weighs heavy on my mind. I like what you did, I think it's a great idea, I'm going to write them all down and tackle 'em. You go girl! Can't wait to see your posts of them finished. Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete